Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tom Reed off to Columbus Dispatch

Beacon Journal sports columnist Tom Reed was saved from layoff, but he decided to resign. He begins work as a feature writer at the Columbus Dispatch on November 1.

Here is Tom’s summary of his Beacon Journal career:

My start date at the Beacon was February 28, 2000. I was hired as a prep sports writer in the Canton bureau. Through attrition and good fortune I moved up the ranks. I covered L
eBron James' transition from high school to the NBA. I have covered the past two Olympic Games in Athens and Turin. I began writing columns about three years ago. I wrote columns, features and enterprise for the Beacon the past two years.

My last day was Wednesday. I start at the Dispatch on Nov. 1.

I have been married for 14 years. My wife's name is Denise. We have a toy poodle (Finnigan) and a calico cat (Molly).


On the ABJ's current state I will say only that I'm very proud of the way people in the newsroom have come together during very
adverse times. I consider the past six years the most memorable of my career. I will never forget the opportunities given to me by the paper.

No comments: