Monday, October 09, 2006

Hopefully we can keep reading Mary

Those of us who are used to reading Mary Ethridge in the Beacon Journal hope we will still be able to find her words somewhere else–and hopefully that will be possible.

“I've decided to take a stab at making a living through freelance writing.,” Mary writes. “I plan on doing corporate work such as annual reports and brochures as well as magazine an
d Web writing. I'll be working out of my home, so I'll have more time to spend with my 17 year old, She's a junior at St. V and we're starting to look at colleges for her. If anyone there has an "in" at an admissions office, let me know!”

My cell phone is 330-687-2445 and email is maryethridge@gmail.co
m. I'd love to hear from some fellow long timers.

Best wishes,

Mary

[Mary is the daughter of the late Mark Ethridge, who was editor first at the Detroit Free Press and then at the Beacon Journal from 1973 to 1976 when he resigned to teach in the journalism department at the University of South Carolina. He died in March, 1985.. Mary is married to Mark Williamson, who is Mayor Don Plusquellic’s press secretary and the city’s communications director. Mark was news director and anchor of WAKC-TV for nearly two decades before joining the mayor’s staff in April, 1996. Their daughter’s name is Grace.]

No comments: