Thursday, October 12, 2006

11 attend retirees lunch

Tom Moore, who will be off to Florida next Wednesday for five weeks. reports 11 retirees were at the regular monthly meeting of Beacon Journal retirees on Wednesday at Papa Joe's in the Valley. One who has not attended for awhile.was retired engraver Pat Doughtery. Pat is no longer working at Acme on State Road, but is now custodian at his church, so he can now pretty much set his own hours. Most of the talk, Moore reports, was about layoffs at the BJ and buyouts at the Plain Dealer and who is going, who has gone and who might go. Tom forgot his camera, so there are no photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All Tom forgot was his camera. I forgot me. And I been to my daughter's house in Brunswick the evening before and saw that SHE had Papa Joe's on the calendar, so that she would know she couldn't visit me in Tallmadge on that day. I thanked her for reminding me, because I told her I probably would have forgotten otherwise. Well....