Saturday, January 25, 2014

Thrity Umrigar's father dies


The father of former BJ reporter Thrity Umrigar turned author with India themes passed away.

Posts Thrity on her Facebook page:


"My beloved father, Noshir Umrigar, passed away the morning of Jan. 23, 2014. For those of you who knew him, thank you for loving him. For those of you who never met him, trust me when I say he was pure stardust. 

"This may be why I seldom play the lottery--I already won the jackpot the moment I was born. He was just pure light, a core of goodness inside a (very handsome) outer package. 

"I was insanely lucky to call him Dad."

Her books include “The Weight of Heaven,” “If Today Be Sweet,” “The Space Between Us” and “First Darling of the Morning.”

Thrity, born in Bombay, teaches creative writing and journalism at Case Western Reserve University.

No comments: