Friday, January 24, 2014

Dawidziak's take on Harry Liggett


Current PD and former BJ entertainment writer Mark Dawidziak gives his take of Harry Liggett, BJ newsroom legend who died today:

John,

    Heartfelt and moving under difficult circumstances.

     Harry sure had a tremendous capacity for caring -- about journalism and about people. And he was a gentleman, in every sense of the word. It strikes me that the planet could use several million more like him. 

I wrote something of this nature for one of the Beacon Journal Facebook conversations about Harry. And as I read through the tributes, I realized he was worth all of the wonderful things people were saying about him. 

And I realized that's about as good an epitaph as any person can have.

    Condolences,

  
       Mark

No comments: