Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Ray Habyan's Pacemaker experiences


BJ Maintenance retiree Ray Habyan discusses his experiences with his Pacemaker, in response to the post about John Olesky getting a Pacemaker Jan. 2 at Akron General Hospital.

John,

  Good luck on your pacemaker implant.  I am surprised that you need to stay in the hospital for the procedure, it is usually done as an out patient with a local.  Perhaps you have some underlying issues that need to be addressed.  

I have had mine now for 2 years with only one side effect.  The reason I have one is not for normal use.  I have always had a low heart rate, around 42 bpm.  I started passing out and having seizures and it was determined that my heart rate was going down to around 32 bpm.  My pacemaker keeps me pacing at a constant 50 bpm about 60 percent of the time.  

The one side effect it has caused is Afib, so now I have to be monitored for the possibility of a blood clot forming.  So far everything looks good.  

I am sure you won't even know the pacemaker is even there, once the incision heals.  Good luck and have a fast recovery.


Ray Habyan (hay-bee-un)  

Ray, who lives in Sedona, Arizona, is in computer networking.  

No comments: