Friday, January 24, 2014

Harry's granddaughter writes farewell to him


Erin Liggett, the apple of her grandfather Harry Liggett's eye, writes her farewell:

When I wanted to be an artist, you made me a blog to help me showcase my drawings and doodles. 

When I wanted to be a writer, you let me go to town on your typewriter and write silly little stories and you also took me to the Beacon Journal and gave me a tour. 

When I wanted to be an actress, you acted like my own personal paparazzi by documenting my life one photo at a time. 

When I wanted to learn how to take a picture, you were the one that showed me how to use a camera. 

Today I lost my first and dearest best friend, my teacher, my inspiration, my rock, and my grandfather. 

It's been a rough journey for you the last couple of months, but just the fact that you're reunited with Baba now makes me so happy. I know you're at peace now. Thank you for being my Granddad. We love you very much and there is not a day that will go by that you will not be missed.

Baba, of course, is Helen Liggett, Harry's late wife -- another woman that he doted on.

Erin, who was 18 on July 18, 2013, is attending Kent State University. 

No comments: