Friday, January 24, 2014

Cathy Strong's take on Harry Liggett



Cathy Strong, 1970s State Desk reporter who created the journalism master's degree program for Massey University in Wellington, New Zealand, where she has lived for three decades, comments on the passing of BJ Alums found Harry Liggett, a BJ newsroom retiree:

It is sad news to read. Harry was a wonderful man as well as journalist.   

We grew close when he was editor of the ABJ alum blog even though we lived on opposite sides of the globe.

We shared our religion as well as profession.

As a young journalist I was stunned when he took an active concern at my employment problems. He helped me push through the casual status to staff member. This was just one example of his treating young journalists as people as well as copy producers.

He was a prince of a man and I'll miss him. My prayers are with him and his family.


Cathy Strong 

No comments: