Friday, January 07, 2005

For old times sake


BJ photo staff in the early 70s. Click on the picture to clean it up.
Front l. to r.:
Ted Walls, Ron Kuner, Julius Greenfield, Ted Schneider
Standing:
Paul Tople, Don Roese, Hal Bailey, Lew Henderson, Tom
Marvin, Ott Gangl.

Sticking out above is Bill Hunter.

...and those were our work clothes, always a tie, no bluejeans....

A bit about myself: since my retirement 12 years ago at age 60 I have not done a lick of work, just skiing all Winter, boating all Summer, RV traveling a lot too and my other hobbies from flying radio controlled gliders to my large model railroad.

For the last few years I have been giving away my prints, private and work related for which the BJ has kindly given permission through my web site at http://home.neo.rr.com/ottmar .

The new Summit County Public Library established a Ott Gangl Special Section which housed my initial contribution of 20,000 Ohio Ballet negatives and proof sheets as well as many posters and other memorabilia.

Since then I have filled out my collection there with many pictures of people and places of Akron and Summit County and in the process I ran across many old pictures of the Beacon Journal days, which I will share as soon as I figure this blog thing out.

Ott Gangl
3186 S. Jackson Blvd.
Uniontown, OH 44685
Tel:330-699-3593
Email: shooter1@neo.rr.com
Web site: http://home.neo.rr.com/ottmar


Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Harry Liggett said...

Nice job, Ott. Keep those crazy BJ photos coming. It is nice to have a couple of others posting.