Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Craig Wllson dies

This sad post from Elizabeth Wilson:

With the greatest of sadness I am informing you that Craig Wilson passed wasiy
comfortably and to what I could tell painlessly at 4:45 p.m. today, Tuesday,
April 3 at the Hospice on Ridgewood.

Today marks the end of a very horrible year for us but I would not trade it for anything.

I owe more thanks than I ever could repay to many of you in our family and friends, we
could not have made it this past year without you. The final arrangements are to be
handled by Todd Collier at Campfield Hickman Collier and are not set yet. We are thinking
of having calling hours on Friday and a memorial service on Saturday, followed by a
luncheon at Anthe's if we can arrange it.

We hope as many people as possible can join us but please look for the newspaper item
to confirm the details.

We do not need anything right now. I am going to try to confine phone calls to family and
friends who do not have email, and deal by email with those who do. There is so much
to be done and I have let so many important things only I can do slide during this last
year of Craig's illness.

I regret having this notice come by email but it is the only way I can manage right now.

If you know us very well you know Craig and I locked horns on a regular basis and every
now and then stepped on each other's toes. Maybe he stepped on yours too once or
twice but I can assure you Craig Wilson is the finest man I have ever met. He had a pure
heart and a genuine concern for his fellow man and his surroundings. His loss to the
community, the family and to me personally is immeasurable. I am honored he chose
me as his wife. I am only sorry our time together has been cut short.


No comments: