Thursday, December 06, 2012

Stage 3 cancer for Dunphy


The latest health-care Facebook message 
from former BJ reporter John Dunphy:

Got some semi-grim news today. The new scope shows it is Stage 3 esophageal cancer. That means some aggressive treatments ahead according to the docs.

The surgeon said he would confer with the oncologist and propose a plan of action (surgery, chemo, radiation). We have lots of questions. I was still enjoying what the nurse called "happy juice," and Rebecca only had a few minutes with the doc today. We have an appointment on Tuesday, but expect to hear from them by phone before that.

I'm holding up OK. I'm still a bit groggy. I appreciate all your support, prayers, thoughts and good tidings. I will only post something if there is a real development going forward. Assume that no news is good news.

Rebecca says her mantra is: Every day with Dunphy is a good day. Hey! I think that's mine too.

For earlier reports on Dunphy’s health, click on http://bjretirees.blogspot.com/search?q=john+dunphy+health

  • Stage 0: carcinoma in situ.
  • Stage I: cancers are localized to one part of the body.
  • Stage II: cancers are locally advanced.
  • Stage III: cancers are also locally advanced.
  • Stage IV: cancers have often metastasized, or spread to other organs or throughout the body.      



No comments: