Thursday, September 01, 2011

Catching up with . . . Sue Murphy

In response to a request by Elizabeth Patton for more information, Sue Murphy emailed this to the BJ Alums blog.

I retired from BJ in '93 as Administrative Assistant to VP/Advertising after about 16 years of service. I was a correspondent for many years before starting in Production in '77, as a fill-in that turned into full-time from a recommendation from my old friend Bud Morris. (Wasn't he the greatest!)

I also worked in Circulation before Advertising Administration.

I've been married to Mike Murphy (who retired from Ford Motor in 2000) for 23 years and we moved from Medina to Hilton Head, South Carolina full-time in 2006. Mike and I have 7 married children between us and, at last count, 16 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild scattered around the country.

We love Hilton Head but hate hurricanes and enjoy evacuating to my daughter's house in Georgia. Betty (Patton) and I have kept in touch and we always have a great time when we get together.

Although we visit Akron frequently, I seem to always miss the BJ lunches and would love to make one some time.

I just looked at an old VCR that Tom made for all of us one Christmas and was amazed at how many of my old friends and co-workers are gone . . . Bob Fitzgerald, Ed Lynch, Maxine Lozier, Polly, Fran, Rosemary and many others at our table. Makes me very thankful I'm still here!

Please call us if any of you get to Hilton Head...we always love to see Akron people!

Sue Murphy,
1 Twisted Oak CT,
Hilton Head, SC 29926.

Sue's email address is
mmurphy2@roadrunner.com

The late Clyde "Bud" Morris was BJ chief artist.

Click on the headline to see the blog item about Sue and her daughter Kelly visiting Elizabeth (Betty) Patton, former BJ Sidebar editor.


No comments: