Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tribute to Bandy from niece Vikki

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of those who posted their memories of my Uncle Don. Even though those of us who are related to him recognized how special he was, it's nice to read what others thought of him. It was such a touching tribute to a one-of-a-kind man.

All of us nieces and nephews have our own special memories of Don. He was, in my opinion, one of the most selfless men I have ever known. After he moved to Florida he would often travel to Naples to entertain his brother (my Dad) and he was there when my Dad passed in August, 2010. Even then his own health could not have been that good but he had such love and respect for family that he would always do whatever he could for anyone.

I remember as a child being in awe of him. He seemed so wise and traveled to so many places and he would always take the time to talk to us about the things he'd seen and done. When I was reading all of the thoughts posted in tribute to him I felt a great deal of pride for him and his accomplishments and, I got to know him a little better.
Thank you again for sharing the Don you all knew with us. You have confirmed what we already knew. He was a great man.

Sincerely,
Vikki Bandy
Wilmington, Delaware

No comments: