Monday, March 21, 2011

Bandy memories culled from facebook

Don and Judy Bandy were two of the finest people I ever had the good fortune to meet and work and play with.
~John Dunphy

Don was an incredibly good guy. Always kind. I have long missed him at the paper.
–Don Roese

I remember some of bandy's fun parties. he was a fun guy and so slyly funny. Char and I talked about getting over to sarasota to visit him. always too late. so sorry it is.
~Art Krummel

I remember Don as a very sweet man who liked his job, and was crazy about his wife Judy. We talked about how he met her, and how he felt lucky that she'd paid attention to him. I'm glad that they can be together again.
~Sharon Lorentzen

"He teased me about my cutlines and then taught me to make them better. Godspeed, Bandy."
~Robin Sallie

Cool as a cuke with inexperienced reporters calling in a story;.
~Kathy Spitz Lipkin


Don wasn't just a good journalist, he was a really great guy.
~Paula Schleis

RIP, Don.
~Bob Springer

Don Bandy was a wonderful man and a tremendous old school rewrite man. He quickly made sense of anything that came his way and explained it simply and to the point. When I got the paper, he helped me very much. RIP Don.

One more thing. I can still hear him as he answered the phone. Beacon Journal. Bandy. The other thing is that the combination of Don Bandy and Jim Dettling on day rewrite and then night rewrite was something to behold. Bandy and Dettling are now together on a bigger rewrite desk somewhere out there.
~Jim Carney

I truly enjoyed working with Don. As Jim said, he was a tremendous rewrite man. I have many fond memories of the times we worked together and am saddened to hear of his passing.
~Gloria Irwin

I remember his face, when did he leave the paper?
~Kathy Hagedorn Kortvejesi

[Don
began at the BJ May 19, 1969 and retired June 11, 1997.]

That is a beautiful tribute to a wonderful friendship. Don was one of a kind. It's still hard to picture the newsroom without him sitting there with the phone to one ear, typing away. Thanksn for sharing."
~Beth Thomas Hertz

What a pleasure it was to know Don Bandy, truly a great man.
~Bob Rosen

I can still see him sitting at the night metro desk saving us one more time. Always calm, alway thorough, always well written.
~Doug Oplinger

Sad news.
~Mary Beth Nord Breckenridge

Very sad news about a wonderful man.
~Dave Scott

Agree with Dave. Don was my Aqueduct Street neighbor too.
~Jim Kavanagh

Thanks for letting us all know.
~Debby Stock Kiefer

Don was a class act in every way. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work with him.
~Webb Shaw

No comments: