Saturday, July 04, 2015


Habyan recovering & still doing tributes to Gold Star heroes

Former BJ maintenance worker Ray Habyan (1975-1996), in reply to my query, writes:

“At the present time, I am recovering from major back surgery and am unable to drive and even ride for now.”

Ray Habyan
But the seven collapsed discs that were fused in June don’t keep Ray from doing portraits of Gold Star military heroes.

Explains Ray:

“Most portraits take from 20 to 60 hours. I do not charge for the portraits, but my cost to produce them is around $60. That includes cost of materials and postage to deliver them to the families. Labor is always donated free and donations are welcome. I have done 15 to date and work strictly through my website US Fallen Heroes Portraits.”

Ray lives in Wooster after being a computer whiz in Sedona, Arizona, a Valhalla for art-lovers, and flying small planes for 17 years.

I’ve been there. Sedona and Jerome, if you can handle the drive up and down steep, curvy roads, are not to be missed if you’re near them off I-17 near Flagstaff.

If you want to donate to Ray’s non-profit venture to honor America’s Gold Star military, go to his Fallen Heroes Portraits web site and he’ll tell you how to do it.

No comments: