Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mark Twain is alive and well and living in Ohio

Mark Twain has been reincarnated and kept his given name. Hell, if they were standing together I couldn’t tell them apart.
Ohio humorist Mark Dawidziak, PD and former BJ culture critic, wrote:

“Early this morning, I said to Becky, ‘Yes, my dear, it's your 19th birthday, and you know what that means.’

“Without missing a beat, she immediately said, ‘The 49th anniversary of 'Dark Shadows'?
"Right!,’ I shouted back. Tell me I didn't raise this child with the proper influences.

"Dark Shadows’ did, indeed, premiere on June 27, 1966, and Becky was, indeed, born on the 30th anniversary.”

Oh, mein Papa.
For those who didn’t get the joke, which Mark D. probably did, “O mein Papa” is a German song about a young woman remembering her clown father. If the roast fits . . . toss it on the barbie!
Also born on June 27:

Helen Keller, Ross Perot, King Louis XII, Ohio’s own Paul Laurence Dunbar, Willie Mosconi, Captain Kangaroo (Bob Keeshan), fellow Pole Krzysztof Kieslowski and Tobey Maguire. Becky is in distinguished company.

But don’t tell her she shares a birthday with Khloe Kardashian.

No comments: