Friday, April 04, 2014

Ray Habyan draws for Gold Star families

BJ  Maintenance retiree Ray Habyan (pronounced hay-bee-un), who left Sedona, Arizona after 17 years of computer networking assignments to return to Akron, keeps busy by doing pencil drawings for the families of Gold Star military heroes.

Emailed Ray:

John,

I retired 3 years ago and decided to find something to keep me busy but with a purpose in mind.  I picked up a pencil and tried to see if I could draw.  What that led me to was an organization called Heroes Fallen Studios Inc. of which I now provide a FREE service of producing pencil portraits for Gold Star Families of men and women KIA.  (Killed in Action) You might want to visit my Facebook page and give me a Like, I sure do need it, and perhaps even visit my website also From Photos to Portraits .  

Best Regards

Ray Habyan (hay-bee-un)
BJ Maintenance Dept. 1975 – 1996

Ray’s From Photos to Portraits web site is available at http://fromphotostoportraits.com/author/rhabyan/ His prices range from $100 to $200, depending on the size of the pencil portrait you want, if you’re not a Gold Star family.

Ray also posted:

“After moving back East, from spending 17 years in Arizona, my wife and I have finally spend our first full winter here.  I don’t know if we will ever get used to the cold again.  After being used to the Sedona (Arizona) weather, where daytime temperatures very seldom go below 50 in the winter, it sure is a sudden jolt to the system.  

“On the other hand, the snow sure makes for a wonderland of beautiful sights. Other than that, I could sure do without the salty roads, ice and cold nights.  But hey, soon it will be over and, yes, Spring is in the air.  Time to enjoy.”

When I got a Pacemaker Jan. 2, 2014, Ray posted:

“I have had mine now for 2 years. The reason I have one is not for normal use.  I have always had a low heart rate, around 42 bpm.  I started passing out and having seizures and it was determined that my heart rate was going down to around 32 bpm.  My Pacemaker keeps me pacing at a constant 50 bpm about 60 percent of the time. “

I got my Pacemaker because my heart rate was dropping into the 40s -- beats per minute -- and caused me to drop to the nearest couch in New Zealand or Montreal to avoid plopping onto the floor or hitting my head on a wall. Not a fun thing to do when you’re traveling.

Ray’s parents and his wife's mother live in the Akron area.

Ray pilots small planes and was in computer networking in Arizona.

No comments: