Wednesday, April 30, 2014

John Dunphy (right), Dr. Mario Curti
Optimistic
Report by
John Dunphy

Former BJ reporter John Dunphy, Southland Golf contributing editor and a former reporter for the Orange County Register in California, has an optimistic report about his esophageal cancer:
“Dunphy cancer update:
“I saw Dr. Mario Curti, my wonderful oncologist, today. He was so excited! This writer had mentioned him in Southland Golf magazine!! It was a story about how this guy, thanks to Dr. Curti, had beaten cancer and gotten his swing back. Curti felt like a rock star! And he is.
“And he's very invested in making sure I remain cancer-free. What I'm excited about is that my blood work looks like a guy in his 20s, according to the rock star. I have an endoscopy and PET scan in the next weeks, and we are hoping for the same good news. Dr. Jon Lipham, the surgeon who is doing the scope, was mentioned in the article too.
“This is an early photo of Curti and me before all the big stuff happened.”

No comments: