Sunday, April 13, 2014

Harry’s son saves fellow runner

Bob Liggett, son of the late Harry Liggett, BJ newsroom retiree and founder of this BJ Alums blog, helped save a fellow runner who collapsed.

Bob explains:

One thing from today's run and I always live by: Never leave a runner who needs help. 

Mile 18 my friend running with me collapses. Go back to her and after a little while something had to be done ASAP. 

Broke off course to a campground and found two guys to help me carry my friend to the road. EMS came and she got checked over. She is doing much better. 

Did not finish today but finishing comes second. My friend's health comes first.

Bob is a University of Akron accounting graduate.

Brother Tom Liggett -- married to Susan and the parents of Erin Catherine and Anna Teresa -- plays with local bands. Tom and his Straight On band mates will perform at the Garrettsville Fire Relief Rock Concert April 26 (the concert runs from noon to 9 p.m., and Tom's group expect to take the stage at 7:45 p.m.).

Tom Liggett is Community Pregnancy Center director of development and a graduate of Hoban High and the University of Akron. 

No comments: