Friday, April 04, 2014

Mike Herchek works with physically challenged

Retired printer Mike Herchek, who did a lot of makeup work on the BJ sports pages, has been using some of his leisure life to help physically challenged children and adults.

Mike’s email, which was only a brief aside by him as he provided me valuable information for a future BJ Alums article I am working on:

“John, 

“Paper is a far cry from what it used to be. But I have so many fond memories of working there. Still run into former employees now and then.

“This July will be 13 years since I retired.  Some of my free time is devoted to volunteer work at the Edwin Shaw challenge golf program.  I work with children and adults that are physically challenged.

“Mike”


Many BJ retirees do exemplary activities for charities and the disadvantaged. Mike, who knew how to enjoy life while working at the BJ, is among them.

No comments: