Monday, April 28, 2014

Ott Gangl’s 1972 ‘The Witch’ still lives

Ott Gangl
In 1972 BJ photographer Ott Gangl put together a book of photos called “The Witch.”

It has been converted into a DVD.

Fellow BJ photographer Paul Tople brought “The Witch” to light again in a Facebook post.

“The Witch” by Ott Gangl stars Shade Burnett as The Woman of the Sun, Thomas Carl Natalina as The Man of Men and Karen Benson as Earth Woman.

The prose is incredible. Ott said it was written by the late George Murray,  once a BJ reporter. "He told me he had to sleep between two lead sheets with my pictures to come up with the text, but that was George. I loved that guy."

Boy, that sure sounds like the George Murray I knew.

Ott’s photos, as usual, are profound.

“The Witch” was edited by Shane Burnett. The quiet but stirring music is by Partners in Rhyme.

This is an amazing project by Ott. Is there nudity? Of course. It’s Ott. Is it tasteful? Of course. It’s Ott.

I can see “The Witch” being converted into an Oscar-winning movie, particularly if it is produced as a foreign language film.

You’re been told about its content. 

But if you want to check out this 14 ½-minute masterpiece, click on



1 comment:

Ott Gangl said...

John, that incredible prose is by the late George Murray, former BJ reporter. He told me that sleeping between two lead sheets with my pictures inspired him, but that was George for you, I loved him.