Monday, January 22, 2007

Note from Craig Wilson

Dear Friends and Family,

I welcome the opportunity to be back home to enter a new phase of medical care. I know I will be a lot more comfortable with the love and attention of Elizabeth, Dawn and Andrea and the opportunity to visit with friends and neighbors.

We are doing this with the guidance of the Visiting Nurse Hospice program of Summit County. I will remain home as long as possible. The care will be designed to keep me as free of pain as possible, however curative efforts will be discontinued. There is no point in laying around the hospital for a long time on efforts that cannot succeed anyway.

We would welcome visitors any day 1-5 PM but please call first so we can have one or two visitors at most at a time. If those times do not work into your schedule please call and we can make other arrangements.

Please do not bring flowers or gifts, we have an overabundance. I cannot see greeting cards but welcome letters from you the family can read to me. Your visit or phone call is much more important to me than anything else. I tire easily and may have to cut visits short. I hope to spend days in the living room and have comfortable chairs for guests. If you have interesting nostalgia about the Beacon Journal, the city of Barberton, etc. I would love to discuss it with you.

I have had a very exciting life with my job and contacts, I have no regrets and a lot of good memories.

Craig Wilson

No comments: