Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Note from Craig Wilson

Dear Post Card Pals,

I've enjoyed mailing cards to all of you for many years. But right at the moment, I have an itty bitty problem. I have experienced "a shower of small strokes affecting the visual portion of the brain." The doctors hope as time passes I may regain some degree of reading comprehension. You know how much I enjoy reading the Akron Beacon Journal. "Discover" Magazine is my monthly remedial physics lesson.

I have gotten though two-thirds of David McCullough's biography of the late president, Harry Truman. A marvelous in-depth look at an average, modest American who made the monumental decision in 1945
that saved so many 18 year olds, including me, from a horrendous invasion of Japan.

I can no more make sense of printed words. I can walk carefully. Call me at any time at 330-745-3358, I love to share stories. My memory is mostly intact. I do not have Alzheimers. Despite her walking problems, my wife, Elizabeth, and I hope that after a few life style adjustments, we will be back in touch with fascinating post cards and a few fascinating photos and dubious commentary.

Love to all,


No comments: