Sunday, August 22, 2004

How do I post? Tim Smith asks

Harry:
How do I post to the blog? Or do I do it through you? I don't think I qualify as a retireee, more likely a refugee. But, after reading about Reiff's grandfather status, I thought I should add mine: first grandchild, Zebediah Timothy Smith, born to Bryan (youngest of our three) and Wendy Smith, Oct. 7, 2003. He's 10 months old, almost walking and into everything. Truly God's reward for not strangling your teenagers. I'm still teaching at Kent State University, helping negotiate the union contract (I'm first vice president of the AAUP -- take that, Mary Grace), and working part-time as a criminal defense lawyer. I took a sabbatical last fall and worked for the public defender's office. It was so much fun, I opened my own practice. Jane (another BJ refugee) is still teaching Work & Family at Litchfield Middle School (where she has had many children of BJ staffers). Both of us are thinking about retirement, but not too hard. Eldest son Randy, married to a lawyer, is a research scientist for NASA at the Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, and middle child Rachel, seriously entwined but not married, is teaching gifted 4th & 5th graders in Hilliard schools in suburban Columbus. We're living on Sandy Lake, where we've been for nearly 10 years after leaving Stow.
Best,
Tim
p.s. How did Tom Moore and Tim Hayes get to be so old? Cathy Strong still looks great!

Answer to Tim:
There are two ways:
1. Just e-mail what you want to post to hliggett@ald.net and I will post it for you.
2. Ask me for an invitation so you can become a contributore and post your own stuff.


No comments: