Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Panic over KR drug benefits

Imagine my surprise when I went to the drugstore to pick up prescriptions and was told I owed $213. Ordinarily I would have paid $6 for three prescriptions plus a larger amount for syringes or only about $36. The druggist said everyone from the Beacon was having problems and I should call.

The very nice young lady who answered said there was a problem they were working on and it would be cleared up in four or five days. She promised to call this afternoon with a better idea on when that would be. Meanwhile, if I need the medicine sooner I can pay and be reimbursed later by the drugstore.

So, do not panic Call the tollfree number. By the way, that also has been changed. It is now 1-877-232-7272.

My suspicions (not an official explanation)are that some pore folks were scheduled to lose their prescription benefits on Jan. 1, but there was to be no change for some of us. Apparently we all got dumped into the same change order.

Another question: Why can I get insulin for $2, but have to pay a hefty price for the syringes to inject it into my belly?

No comments: