Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rx info from Bob Abbott


VIEWERS PLEASE NOTE: Every post from Bob Abbott about the prescription situation that has appeared on this blog now carries a label at the bottom "Rx from Abbott." If you click on that label, it will bring up all of the posts.


Group:

Everything takes so long...sorry for the delays...

In my latest contact with attorney Piatt it turns out that there doesn't appear to be anything legal I can do at this point. But he does say that if the BJ refuses to pay what they are paying now there will definitely be a case.

Still not what we signed up for but...

More interesting and hopeful...the BJ HAS paid off a former BJ employee in regard to the prescription card. That case also is continuing on another line...but a check has been cut! And it was done with a small-claims court approach!!

I will have to get his permission to tell you his name and the situation that is ongoing.

It did have to do with the BJ not paying any of his prescription bills. I'm still not up to speed on the details but it sounds like the best break we've had so far. Ruth West knows more about it than I do so you might want to get in touch with her to get a better picture of the situation.

Meantime...I would like to suggest that all of you...and anybody else that's a BJ retiree...talk to your friends and relatives to try to find a lawyer that might help us out. You'll need some details up front to give any legal counsel a heads up on what possibly might be involved. We need to find counsel that has a different approach than the counsel I've been working with. This will take some time but it's worth while if we can pressure the BJ into living up to their agreement for retirees. And remember...even if the prescription card wasn't in writing...if you were getting the benefits of a prescription card at retirement...it is just as good as in writing.

Let's not just lay down and take it...let's keep trying. I really believe we have a chance...

If I get permission to give out the retiree's name I will let all of you know. As I will as I find out the details of what took place.

A light on the horizon...

later

bob abbott

No comments: