Friday, September 12, 2008

Note from Rick Reiff in Orange County, CA


A note from Rick Reiff in Orange County, CA:

Life is great here in OC, if you put aside the "recession" and tumbling home prices. But we were due, too much exuberance. Got married to a wonderful lady in February, my second grandkid is on the way!

Anyway, regarding OCR [plans to go to tabloid format] I reported back in June a comment by OCR publisher Terry Horne that he wouldn't be surprised if every daily in the country became a tabloid within five years to save on print costs, although he told me at the time the register had no plans to do so. Now, per E&P, that has changed, as he is studying it. I am further told that advertisers are now being pitched on the idea and it will happen. Horne says he prefers the tab format. When/if it happens, I'll be happy to send you a jpeg etc.

And how's ABJ doing in this brave new world?

Still rooting for the Tribe, tho this season I'm more focused on my boyhood White Sox and adopted Angels. Tell everybody hi!

Rick Reiff
Executive Editor/Columnist "OC Insider"
Orange County Business Journal
Executive Producer/Host "Inside OC"
KOCE-TV
phone (949) 683-2414
email rick@rickreiff.com
web www.rickreiff.com

No comments: