Thursday, September 25, 2008

My friend Bill who made it out of Firestone Park


Please permit your humble servant, blog guy Harry Liggett, a few remarks to tease an old friend.


As old geezers from Firestone Park are wont (want) to do on occasion, I stretched out on my couch yesterday and clicked on MSNC to lull me to sleep. Suddenly one of those talking heads popped up with the name Bill Hershey underneath. I sat up to get a better look. Sure enough it was our Bill Hershey looking very distinguished (we are all getting older) answering a question from o
ne of those good-looking anchors. She asked how presidential candidates might grab some of those independent Ohio voters. Bill replied that they will have to come to Ohio.

Those good-looking anchors alwayso ask the best questions. If I were more technically astute I might have been able to get an instant replay to show you on the blog. Oh, well.

I have known Bill since he lived on Dresden Ave. in Firestone Park. My memory is
not that great but I sort of recall that he helped me assemble a junky Sears pool table in the basement for my kids,. Older viewers here might remember him as the Mogadore Bureau Chief under the late Pat Englehart.

I stayed on in Firestone Park. Bill went on--mostly to Washington --and is now Columbus Bureau Chief William Hershey of Cox Newspapers. Click on the headline to read one of his recent stories.

If you try to google him, don't just type in Bill Hershey. That will get you all kinds of characters. Try instead Bill Hershey Cox Newspapers.

No comments: