Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our man in Lexington gets the axe


Our man at the troubled Lexington (KY) Herald-Leader is no longer there as our man at the Herald-Leader.

Larry Froelich retired as news editor of the newspaper in 2005, but then went back to work part-time.

That ended abruptly Wednesday, however, but let Larry explain the upheavel at that McClatchy (former Knight Ridder) newspaper.:

Hell, they even gave my parttime contribution the axe today. Asked me to "report" to HR @ 5. I said I'm retired & don't "report" to anyone but my wife. Then I was told all parttime work was being eliminated and I wasn't getting any severance. I laughed. Like I expected anything. Ten more newsrm jobs disappeared today. They were using me to plug the leaks. Scheduling has to be the worst job.

You can send congratulations to Froelich at pilsnerman40@hotmail.com

See earlier post about the trouble in Lexington

No comments: