Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Birthday, Grandma

Is blog an Irish term? Perhaps not, but I hope you will excuse the blarney while I wish a "Happy Birthday" to my great-great grandmother Eliza Cotter who would be 180 years old this St. Patrick's Day. She was born on a March 17 near Newry in County Armagh. She had a daughter, Mary Elizabeth "Mollie" (my great-grandmother), who like my granddaughter Anna was born on Christmas Day. And, of course, my other granddaughter is named Erin. Myself, more like an ordinary three-leaf clover, was born on the third day of the third month of 1930. That makes me age 76. That's the spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And St. Patrick's Day is the only day of the year that I become John O'Lesky. I think my Polish ancestors will forgive me for that. If it makes them turn green, then at least they'll be the appropriate color. Paula, who is Irish, and I enjoyed a 2-man Irish "band" at Cleveland Metropolitan Parks on St. Patrick's Day night.