Thursday, March 09, 2006

Do you recognize her?


Do you recognize this sweet young woman?

Well, here’s the spiel from the July/August 1985 issue of the Sidebar where the photo appeared:

“Joining the copy desk is Gloria Irwin. Gloria comes to the Beacon Journal from the Times Leader in Wilkes-Barer, PA, where she served as copy desk chief. She previously worked as a reporter and Sunday editor for the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram. Gloria received her B.S. in journalism from Ohio University. She enjoys reading, tennis, needlepoint, interior decorating and bicycling. She is single and lives in Cuyahoga Falls.”

Don’t know if Gloria reads the blog. If so, perhaps she will leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From a sweet young woman:

Harry,

I'll confess that I don't regularly read the retirees' blog. After all, you guys have your pensions!!!

I think the days ahead are the most uncertain of all for us here at the BJ. Fro what it's worth, what little we know is that we won't lose the pension credits we've accumulated so far (guaranteed by the PBGC at the very least) so that makes me believe your checks are safe, too. I certainly hope so.

Hope you're all enjoying your retirements -- I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to join you some day.

Gloria Irwin