Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Sidebar Editor wants suggestions


This is an e-mail from Hot Type/Sidebar editor Kathleen Kochanski


Dec. 7, 2004

Dear Beacon Journal Retirees,

We know it's important to you to receive an updated list of your retired colleagues' addresses during the holiday season. To receive that list electronically, send your e-mail address to: kkochanski@thebeaconjournal.com

I am exploring ways to share news about the Beacon Journal with its growing group of retirees. I'm hoping you can help me by sharing your thoughts about the following ideas under consideration:

+ Compiling a database of retirees' e-mail addresses for timely communication about important developments. (You can help by sending me your e-mail address.)

+ E-mailing weekly copies of Hot Type.

+ Setting up a Web site for staff members and retirees that would be updated regularly with information about new hires, retirements, births and feature stories about current and former staff members -- sort of an "e-Sidebar," if you will.

+ Linking the Web site to an online photo album for posting pictures of Beacon Journal events, retirees' activities, etc.

+ Embedding e-mail into the Web site to encourage instant feedback from retirees.

Please give me your thoughts about these and other ideas. You can give me a call, write to me at the Beacon Journal (44 E. Exchange St., 44309), or send me an e-mail. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

I wish you joy and peace this holiday season!

Sincerely,

Kathleen Kochanski
Hot Type/Sidebar editor
330-996-3164
kkochanski@thebeaconjournal.com




No comments: