Friday, March 09, 2018

BEST ROUND OF GOLF IN MY LIFETIME
 
No Mulligans, either!!!!

 
Hill Top golf course in The Villages, Florida.

 
Drive #3 hit "Carts" sign, deflected toward the pin.

 
2nd shot on #4, the water hole, hit raised part of cart path, deflected toward the pin.


When the golf gods are on your side, just roll with it!
 
I've been playing golf for 75 years and I finally got a 30! At the age of 85!!!

 
Played with Paula and her brother, Tom, my partner in the Ohio senior leagues at Kent’s Sunny Hill and Cuyahoga Falls’ Brookledge, who can verify that I took NO mulligans.


 No 3-putt greens after FIVE 3-putt greens the day before at El Diablo.

 We teed off first, no one in front of us, no one for 3 holes behind us, so we set our own pace. Temperature was about 45 when we teed off, which explained why the course wasn’t crowded. But there was no wind, which helped. Skies were blue and sun was brilliant.
 
So was my golf game ... finally!
 
Sometimes the bear gets you; today, I got the bear!

 
Now if my luck can rub off on my Mountaineers tonight against Texas Tech in the Big 12 tournament I can die a happy man with Paula by my side.

 
This felt like the next best thing to sex. I do not know what I was doing differently, but the nectar of the gods was in my body.

 
I feel like I drank a gallon of moonshine!


 
As the shirt I wore said, "Mountaineers Climb Higher." Wow! Do NOT awaken me.

I want to save this euphoria.

 
We will be in Paula's house till late April when we return to our Ohio home in Tallmadge, an Akron suburb. We are in Florida for our usual four winterizing months.

We will take the auto/train from Samford, Florida to Lorton, Virginia, then drive the 2012 Honda Accord to Tallmadge.

Hot damn! Oh, what a feeling!
 
John Olesky (BJ 1969-1996)
 
I've waited a LONG time for this day!!!
 
I should either play the lottery or retire from golf, huh?

 

No comments: