Saturday, April 30, 2011

Teaching journalism at Dubai

Former BJ staffer Cathy Strong reports she is still enjoying teaching the Emirate female students at Zayed University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

"The students are lovely," she said.. "There are some restrictions in teaching journalism, of course, but it is exciting being part of a cultural evolution. The UAE isn't part of the violent protests, but we are certainly surrounded by all the countries that are experiencing them."

Cathy reports she is also pleased with having grandchildren. "My oldest daughter has three kids (she had three under the age of 4!) They are the most special treats for me."

"The only real problem living in the
Middle East -- I don't get to see my family as often as I would like."

Cathy's email address is cathystrong@gmail.com

No comments: