Thursday, July 27, 2017

Abraham leaving Dispatch for Kent State
Former BJ food writer Lisa Abraham is leaving the Columbus Dispatch Aug. 4 to become a senior writer at Kent State in the communications and marketing department.
Lisa Abraham

Lisa wrote:
“This will end my 32-year journalism career, which makes me a little sad, and will end my 11 years of food writing, which makes me even sadder.
“However, I am beyond excited about my new job, the amazing people I will be working with at Kent State and the chance to do some great writing for a great institution. As an added bonus, I'll be back in my northeast Ohio homeland! Go Golden Flashes!!!”
When BJ newsroom retiree Tom Moore told me had heard a rumor about Lisa’s departure, I asked Lisa to confirm. She did.
And added:
“I am excited to be working there and to be getting back to Northeast Ohio. Any BJ alums who are at Kent, please look me up for coffee or lunch! Thanks for asking.”
Lisa left the BJ in 2014 for the Dispatch.
She comes from a long line of outstanding food writers at Ol’ Blue Walls: Glenna Snow, Polly Paffilas, Charlene Nevada, Connie Bloom and Jane Snow.
Niles native and Niles McKinley High and Ohio University graduate Lisa was at the Toledo Blade and Warren Tribune Chronicle before coming to 44 E. Exchange Street.
She is married to Richard Hart.
 

No comments: