Tuesday, January 06, 2015


Cathy Robinson Strong, Ms. Inside-Outside in Kiwi Kountry
Up in the sky, it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Cathy!

Cathy Robinson Strong, 1970s State Desk reporter living in New Zealand, gets high on painting.

Cathy lives on the beach when she isn’t teaching mass communications at Massey University in Wellington.

Cathy writes:

“Finally getting painting done. Note my inside-out-clothes, so when I go for coffee I can turn them right side out and look decent.”

Another former State Desk reporter, Pam McCarthy, who lives in North Canton after a long career as a Hoover High teacher and is close friends with Cathy, even spending hot tub time with her when they had a reunion in Boston, responded:

Good grief, woman! That looks terrifying!!

“I painted our whole house (inside) more than 15 years ago, with its 11-foot tall walls, standing on a stepladder to cut in and nearly had a breakdown. At least I could roll most of it with a brush on an extension rod standing safely on the floor. How high up are you???”

Pretty damn high, Pam, I’d say. But, then, Cathy always was high on life, even teaching in Dubai for three years.


Retired BJ photographer Don Roese, who visited Cathy in New Zealand before Paula and I tag-teamed for a Cathy visit, chimed in:
“As I said before, ‘You are a fine-looking woman.’ Now, go out and have some fun.”

No comments: