Friday, August 16, 2013

Update on John Dunphy's cancer battle


From the Facebook page of former BJ reporter John Dunphy, who is dealing with his cancer:

Dunphy update:

Post Op doings: Monday (Aug. 12) I had a Pet scan. If you remember, they shoot nuclear isotopes into your veins to see if there are any cancer cells. Report is a few days out. Today I had the first of 6 chemo infusions -- three weeks apart – to try to wipe out any radical cells that are out there trying to seduce the rest of my body.

I’ve eaten like a vertical pig all day, enjoying Cheerios, banana, tuna salad I made for myself with raddish and cucumbers (go Food Chef contestants). Nuts and humus and crackers, oh my! I still long for a salad, a hamburger. But I had a bit of the tamale for dinner.

What I want is to get back my muscle tone and flexibility so that I can pretend to hit a ball 350 yards (in my dreams).
Later, John posted this photo on his Facebook page of Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club with this message:

“8 over after 12 holes.”
s apart -- to try to wipe out any radical cancer cells that are out there trying the seduce the rest of my body. I've eaten like a vertical pig all day, enjoying Cheerios, banana, tuna salad I made my myself with radish and cucumbers (go Food Chef contestants). Nuts and humus and crackers, oh my! I still long for a salad, a hamburger, a salad. But I had bit of a tamale for dinner.
What I want is to get back my muscle tone and flexibility so I can pretend to hit a golf ball 350 yards (in my dreams).


No comments: