Saturday, May 12, 2012

Report on Montague's heart attack

A report from Larry Froelich on Charles Montague heart attack:

  Did you know Montague suffered a heart attack Friday and is in the cardiac care unit of Akron City? Just got an email from him that says, in part: "Damndest thing happened to me Friday night: I had a heart attack. Didn't know I was at risk. Worst pain of my life, much worse than the hell that is the first 72 hours after a hip replacement. So here I am in the coronary care unit of City Hospital with four new stents in the main artery of my heart taking things one step at a time."

 I called him a few minutes ago and he sounds pretty chipper. He started ignoring the signs on Tuesday, starting with pain in both shoulders and elbows and fatigue (thought it was arthritis), to jaw pain on Wednesday (thought it was from a dental implant), to a lattice work of chest pain on Thursday (which eventually went away). In any case, it all kicked up again Friday when he went to referee a kids' soccer game, severe chest pains. He called Josh to take him to the hospital and he was quickly diagnosed as being in the depths of an attack. If he's still at City, he can be reached at 855-345-4677. Doesn't want visitors and hopes to be released Sunday or Monday, but faces extended cardio-therapy. ~ larry

No comments: