Friday, January 06, 2012

Catching up with . . . Bill Norvell



Bill Norvell, a former computer tech at the Beacon Journal, has his own firm, Digital Service Group, with three employees and $170,000 annual revenue.

DSG is on Casterton Avenue in Akron. It was incorporated in Ohio in 2005.

But let Bill tell his story, after he received a request from BJ Alums blog to do just that:

"I have my own company and I perform multiple services. I have completed my Microsoft Certification A+ and I'm also an electrician.

"I like working with networking and computers better. I service old
analog systems and new.

"My company's name is Digital Service Group.

"I live in Coventry Crossing, a very lovely place with my wife, Carol.

"I'm still in contact with Tracy Kane: Her email is jstskane@msn.com and Larry Vancant: His email is vancant@att.net .

"I did meet with Art and Charlene at a restaurant. It was really great to see them.

"Let me know how the Blog goes.

"Thanks, Bill Norvell."

After Bill ran into Art and Charlene, it was Char who emailed BJ Alums blog that "the really friendly guy from IT . . . might make a nice catch-up story. He says the Beacon was the best employer he ever had."

Thanks, Char, for the tip.

Bill's wife, Carol, is vice president of Digital Service Group.

If you want to phone Bill and catch up on the BJ days, call (330) 384-1388.

No comments: