Monday, January 09, 2012

Another way to avoid the Rx donut hole


Use the Giant Eagle discount generic prescriptions, which cost $10 for a 90-day supply. It doesn't go through Aetna and it doesn't count toward getting you to the donut hole. It has helped save me $1,665.59 in 2011 compared to my 2010 prescription costs. Well, that, using Canadian pharmacies and Obamacare donut hole reductions.

Check "Rx Math: 2010 vs. 2011" below for my earlier post on my Rx savings in 2011 compared to 2010.

If you have other tips for saving you money on your prescriptions, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com
and I'll check it out and pass it on to BJ Alums readers.

Click on the headline to see if your drugs are on the Giant Eagle list. Other stores have similar lists, which you might want to check out, but I use Giant Eagle because it's convenient to where I live in Tallmadge, just outside the Chapel Hill shopping complex.

No comments: