Friday, November 11, 2011

Catching up with . . . Rita Stapleton

At my request, Composing retiree Rita Stapleton provided some details about her BJ years and her retirement.

John,

I retired in February along with David Cummings. We both have 42 years of service.


I am enjoying retirement. I help with the USO of North Canton, visit my 88-year-old dad more often, play tennis and in general am just having a good ol' time.

I started out as a typesetter in November 1968, did paste-up, proofreading, worked the computer room, Camex operator, worked in CTS in graphics arts, then data entry, then worked in call center typing and was switched to operating the tearsheet room for a few years before it got phased out.

Went from there temporarily to finance before ending up in Marketing and helped with Newspaper in Education and anywhere else when needed. Ended up in the packaging department before finally retiring.

It was a fun time working with all the printers. Enjoyed all the excitement of helping put the paper to bed on night shift and all the comradeship of the men, never a dull moment.

But 42 years was long enough. I was kinda tired of working, but thankful for the time served. It was a blessing to have worked for such a fine newspaper, especially when times were great.

Thanks for thinking of me,

Sincerely,

Rita Stapleton


Rita's email is

riorita@neo.rr.com



and her phone number is 330-699-4407.

No comments: