Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cal Deshong bruised in fall



When Cal Deshong, 91, a regular at the BJ alums monthly lunch at Papa Joe's, didn't show up today, I emailed him to see what was up. Cal's reply:

Hi, John, sorry I couldn't make it today.... I wanted to thank you personally for that good write-up you gave me when I hit 91. Speaking of HIT... that's what I did Monday afternoon.

I went out thru my garage for the BJ and the mail and on the way in something happened ... I went head first onto the concrete floor.

I did a good job on my face around my right eye and bent the frames of my glasses ... also peeled some skin off my right arm below the elbow.

I've fixed all that pretty well... but I have some sore ribs on the right side. ... outside of that I'm fine...

Thanks for checking, John...

-- Cal

No comments: