Monday, October 12, 2009

Wrong direction in posting involving Desiree Hicks

Desiree Hicks, who worked for the Beacon Journal and the Plain Dealer, emails a correction about our Aug. 12 posting that listed people involved in the BJ exodus to the Plain Dealer. The original story included information provided by BJ-to-PD editor Roger Mezger that Desiree left the BJ's Washington bureau for the PD's Washington bureau.

Not so, says Desiree. Well, let her tell it:

Your blog has come to my attention and it contains some erroneous information I'm hoping you can correct. While it is true that I am an alum of both the PD and BJ, I did not "leave the BJ's Washington bureau for the PD's Washington bureau," as your blog notes. Actually, it was the other way around -- I worked for the PD in Cleveland, then did a stint at Gannett News Service in Washington before moving to the BJ's Washington bureau. Thanks for setting the record straight!

All the best,
Desiree Hicks

= = = = = = = =

My apologies, Desiree. Score one for the BJ getting a former PD reporter. I'm glad we got it right, even if it did take two months for the news to drift to Desiree.

To see the original post, including the erroneous information, click on the headline.

No comments: