Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thanks, but no thanks

John, I know you just wanted to help by slicking up the access to the library web exhibit of 1968, BUT it is important to me and to the other photographers to access the web site at the thumbnails window because the photographers are listed on the left panel and they can call up just their own pictures or someone elses, and the captions can be read next to the thumbnail without opening the picture to the full size.

....Ott

The link is this: The times they were a-changin': Akron remembers 1968

3 comments:

John Olesky said...

Got it. I tried it the other way and it didn't work anyway. It went to one photo, but then wouldn't go to the next in line. Sorry. I tried to make it easier on BJ Alums folks. But I agree with your contention. Thanks for making the photos available.

Harry Liggett said...

Blame me if you must, Ott. It was I, not Olesky, who added the links. Your original post only listed the url code which the viewer would have to copy and paste into his browser. I made two links they could click on to go directrly to either the main memory page or the page with BJ photos from the 1968 riots. That page lists the photographers:

Don Roese (25)
Ott Gangl (18)
Lewis Henderson (17)
Ron Kuner (14)
Bill Hunter (8)
Tom Marvin (2)
Unk, Ron (1)
Demchak, Mike Demchak... (1)
Julius Greenfield (1)
Peter T Stofflet (1)

and I suppose I may have missed one. Tell me about it.

Ott Gangl said...

Thanks Harry, not blaming you, both you and John tried to help and I appreciated it, but John had a post up that went directly to a pictures and then one had to scroll down to a 'next' button to bring up the next picture without the option of skipping shots, the link to the thumbnail page is what I wanted and it works now.

I made my "Thanks, but no thanks" post while John's shortcut post was still up, he subsequently deleted it but my post was already up.

So it works now and I hope it gets a few hits because it is interesting for us old folks who were part of it.

...Ott