Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rx info from Bob Abbott


Group:

There are some very interesting developments in the BJ retirement situation.

At this point...since I'm still reading some legal cases...I would prefer to (at this time) only bring up what has personally happened in my situation.

As you might recall, I ran into problems with my part A & B Medicare medical coverage due to the fact that the BJ had forced all of us over age 65 to sign up with the Aetna Rx program. This was brought out in the fact that I couldn't sign up for any "Advantage" programs covering the Medicare part A & B. Medicare doesn't "split" their payments when sub contracting out the medical/Rx coverages. It turned out to be a nightmare of coverages, cancellations, reinstatements to get it straightened out.

To make a long story short, after contacting attorney Piatt with the information that the BJ's actions greatly limited my options of other medical coverages, it was determined that the BJ still hadn't denied me the prescription coverage. And the attorney was the one that wanted me to contact him when all this was determined...as to the limitations forced upon me. I don't get it I guess...

However, he did restate the fact that if the BJ ever cut off (in this case) the Rx coverage that then there would be a strong case. I am assuming that this also would apply to anybody that had their medical or Rx totally cut off (or greatly limited). And that's the next direction we're going...

While our "slush fund" has been shut down at this point we may need to get something started again...in some new directions.

Meanwhile, I ask that all of you keep ALL medical and ALL Rx bills that you may incur. This could be of great advantage in the future and give you proof of injury by the BJ's actions.

Please, keep talking to as many people with legal knowledge (it is paying off in with some new relevant information) as you can. Several of the group have been "shaking the bushes" and it's interesting what's falling out.

I will try to explain the new info within the next week or two and we'll see if we can make some progress.

thanks for your patience...

bob abbott

No comments: