Monday, June 04, 2007

Update from Jim Ricci

Reading about a few top bylines leaving the LA Times prompted us to ask Jim Ricci for an update.
The journalists remaining at the Times found some consolation in the knowledge that the news staff will continue to be the second-largest in America (behind the New York Times), with bureaus around the nation and in 18 foreign countries. Here is Ricci's reply:

I
'm still laboring at The Times, writing feature stories for the Metro desk. I did not apply for the buyout the Tribune Corp. offered and was spared "involuntary separation." I'm 61 now and have been working in the newspaper vineyard since coming to the Beacon Journal in 1971.I believe I'm the oldest journalist among the hundreds at the Times covering the Los Angeles region and the state of California. Just hard to get rid of, I guess...

No comments: