Monday, May 07, 2007

Bob Abbott Rx update

OK group...sorry for the delay but my computer barfed and I think it  died.  I'm at the library to do this.

The account has been opened and we're ready for business. A few of the people I thought would
join didn't...but we'll have to make do with what we have. Should be enough for our initial probes
as to our possibilities of action. If not, I guess I will have to pick up the slack.

The lawyer sent a letter to the BJ last week requesting an explanation of their position. He said it
might be a couple of weeks to get a reply. Actually that's faster than I expected. (if it happens...
I will, of course, keep you posted.)

The letter (I was sent a copy) also stated that possible legal action could/would be taken if they
didn't respond. The next step is to see what their official position is. He has a couple of possible
explanations they might come up with. But he seems confident that (if they indeed do throw the
expected answers at him) we have viable answers to these scenarios.

When I get in direct contact with him again I plan to bring up the fact that a lot of us were knocked
out of our "advantage" Medicare plans. Or even "supplement" plans in one case. Don't know
whether that legally can be tied into this or not.

Sidebar: My wife (who is insured through the BJ yet even got knocked out of her BJ group policy.
The BJ's human resources department said it was a mistake and would be straightened out.
In the meantime it appears she wasn't covered for her cancer treatments. How is that for a
messup!!?? I think (hope) that it will be straightened out or I will have another legal case to take
to them. Will it never end?

Let's hope we get some satisfaction from this. If not...at least we took a couple swings at them on
the way down...

later...and thanks for your support...

bob abbott

No comments: