Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ann Moritz: An update from 1977


Ann Moritz, a layout editor in Life/Style and on the old State Desk left the Beacon Journal in 1977. (See the earlier post on her farell party.) We asked her to let us know what has been happening since. Here’s her reply:

how do I condense 30 years into an email? I'm an editor, right? I'll try.

stayed at the Globe until 1989, moving from the copy desk, to Sunday editor, to Asst. to the Editor in charge of hiring, training and development. I left to start my own management consulting business focusing on issues of race, class and gender diversity, which continues today. I'm in the final stages of a PhD in Education, also related to this work.

I have a handsome senior son at UC/Berkeley, a beautiful sophomore daughter at U of Virginia, and a dashing husband, David Arnold, whom I met at the Globe and who also made a step out to grow his own photography, design and writing projects.

My memories of the BJ are warm and close. You're great to do this. Thanks for making the effort. I've attached a photo, as requested, so you'll see that I haven't changed a bit.

No comments: