Thursday, August 04, 2005

VSP eyecare said I am not a member, how come?

I've been retired for 13 years and several years ago when last I had an eye exam it was free once a year through the BJ though glasses were not provided after retirement.

My wife lost her glasses and I need to have new ones too so I inquired with United Health Care and they said they only provide insurance in case of injury to the eyes. Contacting the BJ I was told that my insurer was VSP eyecare and all I had to do was give them my social security number.

I then contacted them through their web site and was told my sign-in was wrong. Then I called them and after giving my SS number they said they had no record of it or me.

Was the eyecare for retiries dropped in a contract in the last few years and shouldn't the provisions I retired under be the determining factor?

...Ott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Ott, but vision & dental coverage ended the day you retired. With all of us. That one IS in our contract. I'm not sure if it took effect at age 65, or one retirement day, but I think the day we retired. That's why my wife and eye got all kind of dental and vision stuff done shortly BEFORE I retired, because we knew about it.

As for all the other stuff Tony Ridder is trying to pull, I sure hope the ANG nationally takes on KR for going back on its word and changing our medical coverage.

Anonymous said...

That should say:

My wife and I

and also

at age 65, or on retirement day

sorry.

getting it straight