Sunday, September 18, 2022

WOW! WHAT A REUNION IT WAS FOR BJ NEWSROOM RETIREES!!!!

 






Saying that BJ newsroom retirees know how to have fun at a reunion is the understatement of the decade.

They invented fun and friendship! And it was on display in all its glory at Goodyear’s Wingfoot Lake Park on Sunday, September 15.

It was at if we all just got off work and were sharing food and beverage together.

Ann Sheldon Mezger and Katie Byard did a whizbang job of organizing, right down to a truckload of ice to set the food on and keep it from spoiling.

BJ memorabilia were on 2 tables and revolving photos displayed newsroom retirees during their days at 44 E. Exchange Street.

Leave it up to Charles Montague to come up with the story of the day without being there. Chasm posted:

“As you probably know I didn’t make it to the reunion. Unexplainably I got lost. I quit trying when it was obvious I would make it there by the 1 p.m. group photo.”

Olga Reswow had a better reason. I'll let Olga tell it:

"I planned to go but unfortunately fractured a bone in my foot taking a feral cat to Mission Possible Animal Hospital in Medina to get it spayed. 

"I am wearing a boot and using crutches and a walker. Down for another month.

Reunion "looks like a good turnout with great photos. Thanks for all those photos and everything you do on the BJ blog."

Plenty of others made it, though. I was there with my daughter, retired Aurora schools teacher LaQuita Olesky Timberlake.

So was Roger Mezger, Russ Musarra, Chuck Ayers, Mitch McKenney, Charlene Nevada and husband Art Krummel, Bob Downing, Bob Dyer, Jane Snow, Thirty Umrigar, Karen Lefton, Andrea Louie the super flower arranger, Lew Stamp, Jim Kavanage, David Hertz, Larry Pantages, Joselyn Williams, Paula Schleis, Kim Hone McMahan, Donald Knox.

And many others.

If you weren’t there you missed the #1 event of 2022 for Ol’ Blue Walls newsroom retirees!


No comments: